Source code packages for the latest stable and development versions of Graphviz are available, along with instructions for anonymous access to the sources using Git.
Packages marked with an asterisk(*) are provided by outside parties. We list them for convenience, but disclaim responsibility for the contents of these packages.
We do not provide precompiled packages any more. You may find it useful to try one of the following third-party sites.
- Ubuntu packages*
- Fedora project*
- Debian packages*
- Stable and development rpms for Redhat Enterprise, or Centos systems* available but are out of date.
- Development Windows install packages
- Stable 2.38 Windows install packages
- Cygwin Ports* provides a port of Graphviz to Cygwin.
- WinGraphviz* Win32/COM object (dot/neato library for Visual Basic and ASP).
Mostly correct notes for building Graphviz on Windows can be found here.
- MacPorts* provides both stable and development versions of Graphviz and the Mac GUI Graphviz.app. These can be obtained via the ports “graphviz”, “graphviz-devel”, “graphviz-gui” and “graphviz-gui-devel”.
- Homebrew* has a Graphviz port.
We need help with OSX, if you would like to volunteer.
We would appreciate if someone donates a script to
run pkgbuild or productbuild to automatically generate OSX installers.
Packaging for Apple Administrators
could be a good reference. Also blog articles like Creating OS X Package Files (.pkg) in Terminal. Note graphviz needs postinstall actions, at least
dot -c; also
fc-cache if Graphviz has freetype/cairopango drivers.
For Solaris, please use the graphviz stable releases here. These are maintained by Laurent Blume / John Ellson. Currently available packages are:
|graphviz||Graph Visualization Tools|
|graphviz_dev||Graphviz headers etc. for development|
|graphvizgd||Graphviz renderers using gd|
|graphvizgraphs||Graphviz example graphs|
|graphvizguile||Graphviz language binding for guile|
|graphvizperl||Graphviz language binding for perl|
|graphvizpython||Graphviz language binding for python|
|graphvizruby||Graphviz language binding for ruby|
|graphvizsharp||Graphviz language binding for C#|
|graphviztcl||Graphviz language binding for tcl|
Minimally, graphviz and graphvizgd should be installed.