Graphviz Issue Tracker
Mantis Bug Tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000623graphvizDotpublic2006-09-19 14:502011-04-28 04:03
ReporterRudiger Hartel 
Assigned Toerg 
PlatformOSx86-Linux-Linux neptun Version
Summary0000623: Display Umlaut in postscript files

The output of dot does not show umlaut
characters in postscript output.

The umlaut bugs in the bug history all relate
to versions of 1.x and are all fixed.
So this seems to be a new bug for version 2.8.
Steps To Reproduce

digraph example {
    a [shape=box, label="Müller Wilhelm" ];
Additional Information

I took a short glance into the postscript output.
There is already a procedure/command to setup
ISOLatin1-Encoding but I am not sure that it is called
at all.

If I write the lines provided with the fix into
the postscript file and remove line 207
(16.00 /Helvetica set_font) of my sample
output the umlaut character is correctly display.

If it is of any relevance, my version of gs is:
ESP Ghostscript 8.15.1 (2005-09-22)

[erg] When we added the charset attribute, this allowed Latin-1 input,
which would be kept as Latin-1 in PostScript and give the correct output.
Obviously, utf-8 input output the Latin-1 range is not handled (by us)
in PostScript. This didn't handle the case where the user inputs
utf-8 graphs whose character range is Latin-1 and then wants PostScript
output. If utf-8 is used for input, we now check for this case and
do the conversion back to latin-1.

TagsNo tags attached.
/Helvetica ndfont
dup length dict begin
  { 1 index /FID ne
      {pop pop}
   } forall
   /Encoding ISOLatin1Encoding def
/Helvetica-ISOLatin1 exch denefont pop
VERSION     2.8
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
There are no notes attached to this issue.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-04-28 04:03 user1 New Issue
2011-04-28 04:03 user1 Assigned To => erg

MantisBT 1.2.5[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker