Graphviz Issue Tracker
Mantis Bug Tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0000506graphvizDotpublic2004-10-29 19:042011-04-28 04:02
ReporterStephan Kamper 
Assigned Toellson 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
StatusclosedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSx86-Windows-XPOS Version
Summary0000506: Umlauts (äöü) are missing in the output
Description



Der Umlauts äüö are displayed as small rectangles in the output.
This happens with most of the fonts I tried, although not with all fonts.



Apart form that, some fonts are not found with version 1.16,
but in 1.12 they work fine.
These problems might be related.



Earlier reports about missing umlauts are 56 and 505, which are both listed as 'fixed'.
Steps To Reproduce

digraph Datenanalyse {
    node[ shape = box
        fontsize = 11
        fontname = "tahoma"
        ]

    auml[ label = "Umlauts like ä," ]
    ouml[ label = "ö and" ]
    uuml[ label = "ü aren't displayed." ]

    auml -> ouml -> uuml -> auml

}
Additional Information
With 1.12 which I used until an hour ago (and to which I'll revert) this doesn't happen.

[erg] The problem occurs on Linux as well. If I set
fontname=/usr/common/graphviz/lib/fonts/ttf/arial.ttf and use 1.16, I get
boxes, not umlauts. If I use /usr/common/graphviz-1.12/bin/dot with the
same input, the input is correct. The same thing happens with times.
However, if we let fontconfig do its thing, as happens in the test suite,
the results are okay.
TagsNo tags attached.
AUXILLARY-FILES
DATE-FIXED
FIX-COMMENT
FORMER-ID556
INPUT-FILE
OUTPUT-FILEhttp://www.graphviz.org/bugs/b556.png [^]
STATUS-COMMENTFixed (1 Nov 2004)
VERSION     1.16
Attached Files

- Relationships

-  Notes
There are no notes attached to this issue.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2011-04-28 04:02 user1 New Issue
2011-04-28 04:02 user1 Assigned To => user695


MantisBT 1.2.5[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker