Graphviz Issue Tracker
Mantis Bug Tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002471graphvizDotpublic2014-07-23 15:172014-07-25 14:59
Assigned Toerg 
PlatformOSX/LinuxOSOSX Maverics/ Ubuntu 12.04OS Version
Summary0002471: Crash due to triangulation error
Descriptionlibpath/shortest.c:324: triangulation failed
libpath/shortest.c:192: source point not in any triangle
Error: in routesplines, Pshortestpath failed
Error: lost R2_task2 R1_R2_task2 edge
Segmentation fault: 11
Steps To Reproducedot -Tpdf -o out.pdf
Additional Informationif adding:

digraph RTFM {
P1 [shape=plaintext, label = "Priority/Ceiling 1\n[R1], [R2], Task task2, Task task1"]


graph[splines=curved] -> passes without crash, but lines are doubled, not OK. (This is definitely an error).
graph[splines=ortho] -> passes without crash, but lines do not start and end at correct positions. (This seem just to be a an unimplemented feature, right?)

However, most importantly it should work with the default splines setting (true), this is what I and everybody really need/want.

If setting the node spacing large enough it passes compilation but start and endpoints of the splines are incorrect, so there is definitely something severely wrong with "dot".

Best regards,
  Per Lindgren
TagsNo tags attached.
VERSIONdot - graphviz version 2.38.0 (20140413.2041) (OSX)
Attached Filesdot file icon (Attachment missing)

- Relationships

-  Notes
User avatar (0000779)
perlindgren (reporter)
2014-07-24 17:29

I tried directing the edges through fake nodes as to facilitate the routing, and it seems to work, although it is a really ugly solution.

instead of

There is still something really wrong with the triangulation. Hope it can be fixed ASAP.

User avatar (0000780)
erg (administrator)
2014-07-25 14:59

I have fixed the splines=curved problem and, as noted, splines=ortho is still not coded to handle ports.

As for the main problem, this relates to non-trivial flat edges between adjacent notes. The code that handles this does not work with records, and probably won't be fixed for a long time, if ever, as the record shape is deprecated, replaced by the more general HTML-like labels.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-07-23 15:17 perlindgren New Issue
2014-07-23 15:17 perlindgren File Added:
2014-07-24 17:29 perlindgren Note Added: 0000779
2014-07-25 14:59 erg Note Added: 0000780
2014-07-25 14:59 erg Assigned To => erg
2014-07-25 14:59 erg Status new => resolved
2014-07-25 14:59 erg Resolution open => fixed

MantisBT 1.2.5[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker