Graphviz Issue Tracker
Mantis Bug Tracker

View Issue Details Jump to Notes ] Issue History ] Print ]
IDProjectCategoryView StatusDate SubmittedLast Update
0002415graphvizDotpublic2014-01-24 09:022014-01-24 11:13
Reporterginzel 
Assigned To 
PrioritynormalSeverityimportantReproducibilityalways
StatusresolvedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSOS Version
Summary0002415: pdf with links and utf-8
DescriptionHello,

I am sorry, but it is not possible to generate pdf output with links and utf-8 characters. The pdf output format does not support links and the ps2 output format does not support utf-8 characters.

Add support for links in pdf output format, please.

Best regards
HG
Steps To Reproducedot -Tps2 -O en-dash_utf8_bug.dot
Warning: UTF-8 input uses non-Latin1 characters which cannot be handled by this PostScript driver
Additional InformationSee attached file.
Tagslinks, utf-8
AUXILLARY-FILES
DATE-FIXED
FIX-COMMENT
FORMER-ID
INPUT-FILE
OUTPUT-FILE
STATUS-COMMENT
VERSION
Attached Filesdot file icon en-dash_utf8_bug-correct.dot [^] (329 bytes) 2014-01-24 10:31

- Relationships

-  Notes
User avatar (0000678)
ginzel (reporter)
2014-01-24 10:32
edited on: 2014-01-24 10:34

Remove the first attached file (en-dash_utf8_bug.dot), please. And rename the second. I, as an autor, does not have privileges to do that.

User avatar (0000680)
erg (administrator)
2014-01-24 11:13

This is a well-known limitation but is mostly outside of our control. We put some effort into getting -Tps to handle unicode output, but the morass of postscript fonts defeated us. So we mostly rely on lower-level libraries to handle fonts. Unfortunately, cairo/pango doesn't support links. We've have asked for this repeatedly, but the feature is still not there.

On the plus side, if you have a mac, you can use -Tpdf:quartz to get this. If you don't have a make, the only other alternative is to make sure graphviz is built with lasi. In that case, you can use UTF-8 input and links, using -Tps2:lasi, and then convert the output to pdf. Two caveats: first, the lasi output assumes your postscript reader has the required fonts, and that the fonts specified have the required glyphs for the unicode characters you want. Second, while checking on this, I found a bug in the way the lasi renderer handled links. This is now fixed, and the changes will appear in tomorrow's packages.

If you have lasi but don't want to upgrade, I can post a 2 character fix which should work most of the time.

- Issue History
Date Modified Username Field Change
2014-01-24 09:02 ginzel New Issue
2014-01-24 09:02 ginzel File Added: en-dash_utf8_bug.dot
2014-01-24 10:27 ginzel Tag Attached: utf-8
2014-01-24 10:27 ginzel Tag Attached: links
2014-01-24 10:31 ginzel File Added: en-dash_utf8_bug-correct.dot
2014-01-24 10:32 ginzel Note Added: 0000678
2014-01-24 10:34 ginzel Note Edited: 0000678 View Revisions
2014-01-24 11:13 erg Note Added: 0000680
2014-01-24 11:13 erg Status new => resolved
2014-01-24 11:13 erg Resolution open => fixed
2014-03-25 12:22 erg File Deleted: en-dash_utf8_bug.dot


MantisBT 1.2.5[^]
Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group
Powered by Mantis Bugtracker