|Anonymous | Login||2017-11-22 02:15 EST|
|Main | My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | My Account|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0002273||graphviz||Fdp||public||2013-04-02 04:01||2013-09-12 21:52|
|Status||inactive||Resolution||unable to reproduce|
|Summary||0002273: Fdp crashes when drawing edges of certain colors|
|Description||I have a graph with 0002135:0000070 nodes inside 5-8 clusters and maybe 0002183:0000150 orthogonal edges between nodes that I layout using Fdp.|
Unfortunatly I can't share the graph as it is confidential.
All edges have only the attributes dir=forward and color=green.
When the edges are green, everything works.
When the color is changed (I tried blue and red) I get this error:
failed at node 2614
failed at node 2617
failed at node 2620
failed at node 2622
failed at node 2625
failed at node 2628
failed at node 2631
failed at node 2634
failed at node 2637
failed at node 2640
failed at node 2643
failed at node 12324
failed at node 12328
failed at node 12331
failed at node 12334
failed at node 12336
failed at node 12338
failed at node 12340
C:\Graphviz\bin/fdp.EXE" -q1 -Tsvg -otest0.svg was used to call. I'm using ruby-graphviz to call fdp.
|Steps To Reproduce||Edge color set to red or blue.|
|Additional Information||I will try to create a simple graph so you can reproduce this.|
|Tags||No tags attached.|
Could not reproduce on a smaller graph.
So far only blue and red colors fail of the colors I've tried.
|It will be very difficult to resolve this without being able to reproduce it, especially as the color of an edge should have no effect on the layout. Is there any way you could anonymize the graph?|
I don't think it's possible, not in a way that would make my employer happy anyway.
I think you can just throw this in the random memory leaks section. It's not hard to make a graph that crashes this way just add some 150 nodes in a few clusters and draw a lot of edges with orthogonal routing.
The strange thing with the colors could have been just luck with memory alignment, different color code, different number of characters in the color name etc.
I will try to bring something better next time, right now I turned off ortho to focus on some other things.
Shot in the dark.
Suggestion: try with using hex color code instead of named color.
|With luck, we'll get an example graph exhibiting the bug.|
|2013-04-02 04:01||omolin||New Issue|
|2013-04-02 04:28||omolin||Note Added: 0000327|
|2013-04-08 10:12||erg||Note Added: 0000329|
|2013-04-08 14:04||omolin||Note Added: 0000330|
|2013-08-31 16:33||Abyssoft||Note Added: 0000472|
|2013-09-12 21:52||erg||Note Added: 0000521|
|2013-09-12 21:52||erg||Assigned To||=> erg|
|2013-09-12 21:52||erg||Status||new => inactive|
|2013-09-12 21:52||erg||Resolution||open => unable to reproduce|
|MantisBT 1.2.5[^] Copyright © 2000 - 2011 MantisBT Group|