|Due to organizational changes, the Graphviz web site will see some modifications in the near future. In particular, it will probably no longer provide binary packages for Windows and Macs. The latter can be obtained via Macports or Home Brew. If someone wants to set up Appveyor for Windows, we would be grateful.|
If you cannot find the answer to your question here, start a topic on the Graphviz forum or post on the Graphviz mailing list.
- [FaqAttr] Where can I see a list of all the attributes that control dot or neato?
- [FaqDiscuss] Where can I discuss Graphviz?
- [FaqLarger] I'm trying to make a layout larger. How?
- [FaqMerge] How can I join or merge certain edge routes in dot?
- [FaqPDF] How can I generate graph layouts in PDF?
- [FaqDupNode] How can I make duplicate nodes?
- [FaqGraphLabel] How can I set a graph or cluster label without its propagating to all sub-clusters?
- [FaqParEdge] How can I draw multiple parallel edges in neato?
- [FaqBalanceTree] How can I symmetrize (balance) tree layouts?
- [FaqCommandLine] What is the Graphviz command line syntax?
- [FaqUserTypes] What user types does Graphviz support?
- [FaqBugReport] How can I report a bug or issue I've found?
- Output Features
- [FaqQuality] How can I get high quality (antialiased) output?
- [FaqPaperTooLarge] I can only get 11x17 output?
- [FaqSymbols] How do I create special symbols and accents in labels?
- [FaqNonAscii] More generally, how do I use non-ASCII character sets?
- [FaqCustShape] How can I create custom shapes?
- [FaqOverlays] How can I use drawing layers (overlays)?
- [FaqFontChanges] How do I get font and color changes in record labels or other labels?
- [FaqPlainArrows] In plain format, splines do not touch the nodes (arrowheads are missing).
- [FaqRecordLR] Record nodes are drawn differently in dot and neato when rankdir=LR.
- [FaqMultiPage] How can I print a big graph on multiple pages?
- [FaqJpgArtifacts] When I have a red edge it shows up as a solid red in PNG and GIF formats, but has a black border when rendered to JPEG.
- [FaqDottyNumlock] Sometimes in dotty, right mouse click shows the global menu but none of the items can be selected.
- [FaqDottySyntaxError] Why does dotty report a syntax error on a legal dot file?
- [FacDottyMissingFeature] How can I get some display feature (such as bold lines) in dotty?
- [FaqNoEdgeHandles] How can I get rid of the little circles on edges ("edge handles") in dotty?
- [FaqDotWithCoords] I already have all the coordinates for the nodes and edges of my graph and just want to use dot, neato, or dotty to render it. How?
- [FaqDotWithNodeCoords] I already have all the coordinates for the nodes, and I want dot or neato to route the edges.
- [FaqDottyWithCoords] I already have all the coordinates for the nodes and edges of my graph and just want to use dotty to render it. How?
- [FaqDottyWithNodeCoords] Same as above, but I have only node coords, not edges.
- [FaqClientSideMaps] How can I make client-side image maps?
- [FaqServerSideMaps] Why aren't my server-side maps being recognized? I've checked the HTML!
- [FaqApache] I've installed Debian Graphviz and it works just fine on the command line, but when I execute a Perl/CGI script through Apache, no output is generated.
- [Faq3D] How can I get 3D output?
- Website Usage
- [FaqUsers] What types of graphviz users are there?
- [FaqRegister] How do I become a registered user?
- [Account FAQ] How do I manage my account?
- [Account FAQ] How do I set account preferences?
- [Account FAQ] How can I manage my subscriptions?
- [FaqComment] How do I post a comment?
- [Forums FAQ] How do I use the graphviz forums?
- [Forums FAQ] How do I subscribe to a forum topic?
- [FaqSample] Is there a sample graphviz graph with output available?
- [FaqWikiSub] How do I subscribe to a wiki page?
- [FaqWikiCre] How do I create a wiki page?
- [FaqBldPages] How are web pages built from repository content?
- [FaqForumFileAttch] How can I make a file available to a forum topic comment?
- [FaqOverlapNode] How can I avoid node overlaps in neato?
- [FaqOverlapEdge] How can I avoid node-edge overlaps in neato?
- [FaqAgreadCrash] Why does my call to agread() cause a crash?
- [FaqRuntimeNeato] Neato runs forever on a certain example.
- [FaqEdgeLabelPlace] Edge label placement in neato is bad.
- [FaqRuntimeDot] Dot runs forever on a certain example.
- [FaqRuntimeTwopi] Twopi runs forever on a certain example.
- [FaqNeatoEdgeCrossings] Neato has unnecessary edge crossings, or has missed an obvious chance to make a much nicer layout.
- [FaqWebdot] Webdot doesn't work.
- [FaqFontNotFound] I have "Font not found" errors, or text labels missing in webdot.
- [FaqBrowserSVG] My browser doesn't recognize SVG.
- [FaqLibExpat] libexpat is reported as containing a virus or as a security hole. Is this a real problem?
- [FaqCoordTransformation] What is the coordinate transformation between the graph bb and a .png image?
- For most font features, we
2 hours 27 min ago
- Broken: gviz.js missing
23 hours 38 min ago
- Where did you get your Linux
1 day 4 hours ago
- I know various people have
1 day 18 hours ago
- Creating the graph depends on
5 days 38 min ago
- Thank you for the "invis' tip
5 days 17 hours ago
- Re: compilation issue on slackware 14.1
1 week 1 day ago
- The next thing to try is to
1 week 2 days ago
- not working
1 week 2 days ago
- Here's what I use:
1 week 2 days ago