I found that in the normal portrait display this was displayed correctly. However, these newlines where ignored in the generated postscript file (using the TCL [graphhandle write format] functionality.) I found that the orientation did not appear to effect the newline stripping here. I also found that adding linefeed along with carriage return did not seem to correct the problem
Moreover, a second problem I found was that when I change the GRAPHS
orientation to 'orient landscape' The displayed graph does not rotate
the labels, but it does adjust everything else by 90 degress.
However, the generated postscript is correct (except for the newline
problem listed above).
Input file: b636.tcl
Output file: b636.jpg